NU-HOPE Elder Care Services, Inc (NU-HOPE) is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to enhancing the live of seniors and caregivers living in Highlands and Hardee County.
NU-HOPE’s mission is to promote the physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing of seniors. Our main goals are to preserve the health, dignity and independence of seniors and to prevent/delay nursing home placement.
Services provided by NU-HOPE include home delivered and congregate meal assistance, help with bathing and personal care, homemaking, transportation, respite services, caregiver stipend and reimbursements, assistance obtaining consumable medical supplies, and other forms of client and caregiver support.
Each year, NU-HOPE helps over 500 older adults maintain their independence and remain living in their own homes.
To fund the many services provided by NU-HOPE, the agency relies of a variety of State and Federal grants, as well as grants/donations received from our community.
NU-HOPE could not achieve its many successes without the support of our community partners. Together, we change lives. Thank you!
Major Donors and Grants
- MIDFLORIDA Credit Union; Platinum member, NU-HOPE Heartland Alliance for Aging
- Bowman Steel; Ruby member, NU-HOPE Heartland Alliance for Aging
- Positive Medical Transport; Ruby member, NU-HOPE Heartland Alliance for Aging
- ABC Appliances; Sapphire member, NU-HOPE Heartland Alliance for Aging
- CenterState Bank; Sapphire member, NU-HOPE Heartland Alliance for Aging
- Heacock Insurance; Sapphire member, NU-HOPE Heartland Alliance for Aging
- Avon Park Bingo
- Older Americans Act and CARES/Family First Funding (Federal grant)
- State General Revenue (State grant)
- Tanglewood Community Church
- Buttonwood Bay Community Church
- United Way of Central Florida
- Al and Liz Family Trust
- Hardee County Board of County Commissioners
- Highlands County Board of County Commissioners
- Sam Butler, artist
- Palms Foundation
- Highlands County Health Authority
- Duke Energy Foundation
- Florida’s Natural Growers Foundation
- Glades Electric Charitable Trust
- Trilogy Home Healthcare
- Alan Jay Automotive Network
- South Florida State College
- Tropical Harbor
- Walt Disney World
You Can Help
NU-HOPE is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN THE STATE (1-800-435-7352) OR WWW.800HELPFLA.COM. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.